BUILDING WITH THE BASICS: GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION VIDEO
Used correctly, good grammar and proper punctuation are rarely noticed but when misused cause document disasters. Based on a building analogy that anyone can relate to, this workshop is designed with many opportunities for participants to “build” documents using the tools of their language. Included are pre- and post-tests to show learning progress. Participants value this update on “dos” and “taboos” for more powerful writing–and smarter speaking because the same basic rules apply.
Click here for a brochure and an order form.
Click below for a sample page from the training manual with this video.
BUILDING WITH THE BASICS: @ GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION OUTLINE
BUILDING INSPECTION @ Pre-assessment: What building skills did you have before this class to construct a correct document?
I. BUILDING MATERIALS @ Sentence Structure
- A. Bricks and Mortar for Communication @ Sentence Structure
- B. Walls @ Subjects and Predicates (Verbs)
- C. Rooms @ Compound and Complex Sentences
- D. Cleaning Up @ Fragments, Comma Splices, and Run-ons
II. WORKING TOGETHER @ Grammar
- A. Good Working Conditions @ Subject-Verb Agreement
- B. Blocks @ Pronoun Case, Reference, and Agreement
- C. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow @ Verb Tense
- D. Beyond the Basic Room @ Modifiers
- E. Brick Alignment @ Parallel Structure
- F. Windows @ Variety
III. CONSTRUCTION AIDS @ Mechanics
- A. Screws @ Punctuation
- B. Nails @ Capitalization
- C. Tacks @ Abbreviations
- D. Brick Choice @ Word Usage
IV. FINISHING THE JOB @ Revising
- A. Interior Decorating @ Editing and Proofreading
- B. Inspection @ Editing and Proofreading
BUILDING RE-INSPECTION @ Post-assessment: What new and improved building skills do you have after this class to construct a correct document in the future?